Sunday, 31 May 2009

MC iPod The Unstoppable Gig Machine

Earlier I played a show with Abdoujaparov (featuring Fruitbat from Carter USM). That is weird to write. Not that I was ever a Carter USM fan, but I definitely knew of them growing up.

I was even meant to play, Luke (my drummer) text me on Friday evening saying we'd been offered the slot. I had nothing better to do, so we did it.

It was alright, we were woefully under-rehearsed but I think we scraped by. Alas, we played to about 3 people. Literally. The gig was horrendously sparse, with Project Mork getting the biggest crowd (which was only about 10-15 people). Shame. I'll save poor attendances for another rant though (as a promoter I have a ton of rants about this!)

Abdoujaparov were alright, not my kind of thing but good at what they do. Poppy-rock basically. Project Mork were ace. I don't know why but they're so hit-and-miss when I see them, but tonight they were definitely on form.

So yeah, all in all an alright night. Could have been a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment